Our Community Rules cover this website, our facebook pages, our twitter accounts and our Google+ Pages.
By interacting with Breaking News (Teesside), Teesside Alert, Yarm News, Eaglescliffe News of Thornaby News in any way (including Liking one of our facebook pages, Following one of our twitter accounts, +1 our Google+ Page) you agree to abide by our Community Rules listed below.
- Do not use profanity. Do not imply it, mask it or attempt to get round the filters.
- Do not bully
- Do not discriminate against anyone because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, skin color, ethnicity, or other characteristic.
- Do not make any abusive comments against anyone, including Admins.
- Do treat everyone with respect.
- Do not make threats of violence towards anyone or suggest that someone should do something violent towards someone else, no matter what they may or may not have done that you think they deserve it.
- Do not spam, which includes the unsolicited promotion of a commercial website or product. If you have something you wish to promote or advertise you must seek permission from us first. The ONLY exemption from this is events to raise money for a local registered charity.
- Do abide by the law. If you break the law we will pass the information onto the Police.
- Do not name and shame.
- Do not make potentially libelous or personal comments about a named individual, group of people, company or organization.
- Do remember that our pages are ran by volunteers who do this in their own spare time for free.
- Do only interact with our pages using your own personal account, using you real name on behalf of yourself and not as a page or via a non-personal account. Only representatives interacting in an official capacity with our pages on behalf of their organisation should interact with our pages as their organisations official page or account.
We reserve the right to edit or change these rules at any time without prior notification.
We also reserve the right to delete any posts or comments for any reason without prior warning. Any comments complaining or asking why a previous comment has been deleted will be removed.
Failure to abide by the above rules may result in you being banned or blocked.
If you have any queries about our rules then please Contact Us.
We will not enter into any correspondence or respond to any questions from or on behalf of any users that have, or may have, been banned or blocked from the page.
Please note that if you wish to make a genuine apology for the action(s) that resulted in you being banned or blocked then we may unban or unblock you.